PAGES

Me-Made-May'13 Week 2

Friday, May 17, 2013

I'm really enjoying seeing all the self-made clothing that people are wearing for the Me-Made-May'13 challenge. If you'd like to have a look, check out the flickr page - so many talented and creative people!

Here are my three me-made outfits for the week:



On what looks like the last warm sunny day for a while, I wore my green floral (slightly modified) Cambie dress and my handmade sandals and ring to the farmer's market. With both the floral print fabric and the lining being cotton voile, this dress is so light and comfortable to wear in the warmer weather, and was probably one of my most worn items all summer.



This is a close-up of the me-made ring in the previous photo. I simply threaded a small bead onto a piece of sterling silver wire and wrapped it around my ring mandrel - a bit of an experiment really.



As the weather started to cool down on Mother's Day, I wore my me-made jersey dress and shoes with a pair of full-length leggings and long sleeve top. For a hint of colour (and extra warmth) I also wore this super-soft scarf (can you tell yet that I love the colour purple??)



My third me-made outfit for the week included a purple knit top, similar to the first top I wore as part of the Me-Made-May'13 challenge. I wore it with a refashioned black velvet skirt and full-length leggings. As I've worn these me-made shoes previously in the challenge (and because it was cold!), I added the black scarf I knitted last winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger